GRE (Graduate Record examination) is a standardized examination that is accepted for various disciplines at many graduate and business schools all around the world. Students who are interested in pursuing Master’s degree on an international basis can sit in GRE exam. GRE Test is conducted by Educational testing Service (ETS), a US based organization. You can give the paper either in paper format or as an online test paper.
There are 7 GRE subject tests that evaluate candidates’ knowledge in their respective subject. GRE test is available in around 1000 centres across 160 countries.
GRE Test Eligibility
It has three major sections:
- Analytic Writing
- Verbal Reasoning
- Quantitative Reasoning
Aspirants can apply irrespective of their age and qualification. Howsoever, Aspirants have to fulfil the admission criteria for the respective university.
GRE is a post graduate exam, in which the who have cleared undergraduate can opt for examination for entry into the Masters or PhD courses abroad, especially in the USA and Canada. The candidates should always keep in mind that it is not the country but the university which requires GRE scores.
GRE Exam Registration
Candidate has to first create a GRE account in-order to apply for the exam. You can apply as well as see GRE score in your GRE account. There are three ways to register
- Mail registration
How to register for GRE
- Create an ETS account for registration
- Select your test type
- Set location and date for the GRE
- Fill academic background
- Make payment through American Express, JCB, Discover, Visa or Master Card
GRE Registration Fee
GRE exam General Test fee is $250, and for subject wise is $150 globally
GRE Syllabus & Pattern
1. Quantitative Reasoning: This section checks the candidate’s abilities to interpret quantitative information correctly. This section has basic maths and concepts of algebra, geometry, arithmetic, and data interpretation.
2. Verbal Reasoning: this section has Reading Comprehension, Sentence Equivalence, and Text Compilation. These questions helps in understanding candidates analysing skills along with ability to draw conclusion, add value to incomplete information, and understand the problems.
3. Analytic Section: this section reveals candidates ability to support ideas with valid reasons and examples. And also examine claims and associated facts while able to maintain a rational and well-focused discussion.
ETS sends the candidates an email regarding the GRE result when their scores are available. The results are available at the candidate’s account. Candidates sitting for the computer-based test can source their unofficial Verbal Reasoning and Quantitative Reasoning scores at the test centre. The official results are available within 10 to 15 days of the GRE test 2017.