Bank PO Exam 2017 & 2018 Probationary Officer (PO) is an Assistant Manager of Scale I in a bank. A PO is a Manager of Grade I scale and hence is called Scale I officer. A PO has to go through an intensive training program after the selection at Institute of Banking Management. The probation period may last up to 2 years. for best exam preparations you can check bank po exam syllabus 2017 2018
Bank PO Exam 2017 & 2018
All the government and private banks conduct Bank PO exam to recruit young officers. The major banks that participate in this process are listed below:
Bank Job Selection Process
- State Bank of India
- Allahabad Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Punjab National Bank
- ICICI Bank
- Oriental Bank
- Cooperative Bank
- Cooperation Bank
- Syndicate Bank
- HDFC Bank
The main exam among these is SBI Bank PO and IBPS PO exam 2017 & 2018. Both of these exams possess a large number of vacancies. But it is to be noted that each bank has its own selection criteria and their own set of exam.
Note: IBPS conducts a common written exam for hiring of Probationary Officers (PO) in different public sector banks (PSU) and State Bank of India conduct a separate exam for hiring of Probationary Officers (PO).
Bank PO Syllabus and Exam Pattern
Bank PO Selection is done in three steps:
- The first two phases has written test which includes preliminary and mains.
- The third step is the interview process.
Download Bank PO Syllabus & Question Papers
Candidates selected after the first two rounds get eligible for the interview round
After being selected in these three rounds a merit list will be generated based on candidate’s performance.
The preliminary paper is divided into three sections- Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning and Verbal Ability. The mains paper contains five sections namely General Awareness, Computer Knowledge, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning and Verbal Ability.
Bank PO Salary in Hand
The bank employee salary pay of PO is quite good. The basic pay of SBI PO is Rs23, 700. Addition to the basic pay , the officers get Dearness Allowance (DA), House Rent Allowance (HRA), CCA, special allowance, and some more allowances.
Bank PO Eligibility Criteria 2017
- The candidate must be 21-35 years of age. Age relaxation of 5 years is given to candidates belonging to SC and ST. Candidates belonging to OBC categories are given an age relaxation of 3 years. Also, the ex-servicemen and the candidates holding Jammu and Kashmir quota are also given an age relaxation of 5 years.
- Educational qualification of the candidate must be that of a graduate from a designated University.
- A candidate must also not hold any criminal record
Bank PO Recruitment 2017
This year the preliminary exam for IBPS PO is scheduled on 4th, 8th, 14th and 17th of October, 2017. The selected candidates can give the mains exam scheduled on 26th of November, 2017.