GATE 2018 is the Graduate Aptitude Test in engineering which is a national level entrance exam for admission to PG courses in the field of engineering and technology. Check Gate218 exam dates This examination can help aspirants get admissions into M.Tech. /Ph.D. programmes in IITs, IISc, IISERs and other reputed institutions. Annually, GATE examination 2018 is organized by the seven zonal IITs and an IISc on rotational basis. In 2018, the GATE examination will be conducted by IIT Guwahati.
Apart from getting admissions in top universities, the score of gate exam is also considered as one of the criteria for the recruitment of government and private organizations in the technical fields.
GATE 2018 Exam Eligibility
The following is the criteria for an eligible candidate –
The candidate must hold
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology and those who are in the final year of such programs (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/ Technology).
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Architecture and those who are in the final year of such programs (Five years course).
- Bachelor’s degree holders of Four-year program in Science (B.S.) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Master’s degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Integrated 4-years of Master’s degree in Technology/ Engineering and in the second or higher year of such programs.
- Integrated 5-years of Master’s degree or Dual Degree in Technology/ Engineering and in the fourth or higher year of such programs.
- Integrated 5-years of M.Sc. or Five-year integrated B.Sc. /M.Sc. degree and in the final year of such programs.
- Qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by UPSC/AICTE/ MHRD as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have accomplished Section A of AMIE.
GATE 2018 Exam Pattern
|Section||Question Number||Number of Questions||Marks per question|
|General Aptitude||1 to 5||5||1|
|1 to 25
25 to 26
|Total Number of Questions : 65||Total Marks : 100||Total Duration : 3 hours|
|Technical Section :
|General Aptitude: 15 marks
|Engineering Mathematics :
Also check NDA Entrance Exam 2018 Details
25 marks to 40 marks will allotted to Numeric Answer Type Questions
GATE 2018 Exam Schedule
Last Date for Submission of GATE 2018 Online Application through Website – October 05, 2017 (Thursday)
Last Date to appeal for Change in the Choice of Examination City via GOAPS login – November 17, 2017 (Friday)
Availability of Admit Card – January 05, 2018 (Friday)
GATE 2018 Online Examination Dates
February 03- 04 & February 10- 11, 2018 (Saturdays & Sundays)
Announcement of GATE 2018 Results – March 17, 2018 (Saturday)
GATE 2018 Sample Paper
Click on the link for sample papers
For GATE 2018 Syllabus Click here