Know more about PR in Australia for international students Aus has a quite defined immigration system for Permanent Residence Visas, which are Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189), Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190), Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme visa(Subclass 187, Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186), and 33 more types of visas to list down.
In the selection criteria for any kind of the permanent visas will depend on the total point score oncriteria like SkillSelect, based on age, qualification, work experience, English Language, etc.
Eligibility for Permanent Residency in Australia :
To apply for Permanent Residency in Australia you need to fulfil the Requirements and Eligibility criteria of PR in Australia . The whole process is divided into sections like education,age,experience and IELTS score. Eligibility criteria:
- your Age must be in between 18–45
- you must be at least Graduate
- you must have Min 1 year of experience
- Must qualify IELTS exam
If the Australia immigration point score is beyond 60-65, there is a very good chance of securing the Invitation to Apply (ITA) for Permanent Residency in Australia from India. So, first thing you need to do is to check your point score on Australia Immigration Point Calculator.
Apply for Permanent Residency after Student Visa
Already residing in Australia and want to live and continue working here further? You can easily apply for Australian PR. You can express your interest in applying for permanent residency through the Department of Immigration and Border Protection’s Skill Select migration program, which could lead to permanent residency through a Skilled Independent Visa, the Employer Nomination Scheme or the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme.
Detailed Explanation Why Study in Australia After 12th
- Skill Select migration program: It is an online service that allows intending migrants to lodge an online Expression of Interest. This contains information about the intending migrants to lodge an online Expression of Interest. After EOI migrant can lodge a skilled visa application or nominate for a skilled visa by Australian employers or government departments
- Skilled Independent Visa: This section focuses on skilled migration for students who have graduated from Australian study and are not being sponsored by an eligible relative or employer, or nominated by an Australian state or territory.
Important Documents for PR in Aus
- Submit EOI
- Age younger than 50 years
- Nominated Occupation
- Meet Minimum Heath Requirements
- A good character certificate
- English Ability
The point test criteria: In addition to the requirements above, applicants must meet the points test pass mark in order to gain permanent residency. The pass mark is currently 60 points for the Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189).
Australia PR visa Fees
Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189) has an application cost of AUD $3520 (Applicants who are bringing eligible family members to live with them in Australia should note that an additional applicant charge applies). A second charge of AUD$4885 will be applied if your visa application includes any people aged 18 years or older who have less than functional English language skills.
New Immigration Rule in Australia
In April 2017, Australian government took decision to end 457 Visa. This visa was highly popular among migrants wanting to reside in Australia. The 457 visa will now be replaced with two skill shortage visas, a two-year short term visa with no pathway to permanent residency and a four-year medium term visa with a pathway to permanent residency .