So the basic question, why choose Australia for your studies after 12th
When people think about Australia they imagine open spaces, outback bushes, kangaroos, koalas, and clean air and water. However there is more to Australia,
- it is a friendly place that has people with laid back nature,
- excellent education system in Australia,
- High standard of living that offers a better life
Want Study in Australia After 12th
Because the country offers:
- great technology,
- diversity in education,
- low living and tuition expenses (compared to United States and UK),
- global recognition
- It is an ever growing country that offers part time jobs for international students in Australia. The country allows the student to work up to 20 hours per week and this allows the students to earn money to help supporting their living expenses.
Australia has about 384000 international students from over 140 countries in disciplines at every level of education, including the short term English Language courses, Bachelor and Master Degrees, and even the Doctoral Degrees. And setting the bar higher the Australia’s approach to vocational and technical education is now recognizedas the best and most innovative in the world. It enjoys an international reputation for excellence in all the areas education.
Their institution delivers practical and career oriented training’s so that the students are confident about their knowledge and skills. This helps a lot in getting jobs for international students in Australia. This aspect is an important part in Australia’s economic performance and contribution to the improved productivity.
How to Apply for an Australian Study Visa
First of all you need to prove to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) that you meet the criteria of the Australia student visa requirement i.e.:
- Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) requirement
- Financial Requirements
- English proficiency requirement
- Health and Character Requirements
Australian Student visas were previously categorized in different types on the study level, but on July 1, 2016 this got simplified, so now international students apply for the Student Visa (Subclass 500) which you must apply online.
But before applying for the visa you need to obtain a Confirmation of Enrolment (COE) or Letter of Offer confirming that you have been accepted into a course registered under the Commonwealth Register of Institutions of Courses (CRICOS).
Australian Study Visa Requirements –
- Financial requirements: You need to show evidence of sufficient funds to cover tuition, living, and travel costs. Your living cost is set at AU$19,830. Alternatively you can alsoshow that your parents or spouse are willing to support you and they earn at least AU$60,000 annually, and know more about PR in Australia .
- English proficiency: if you are not from an English speaking country you have to prove your speaking capabilities. To prove you have to clear DIBP website lists eligible tests which are IELTS, TOEFL iBT, Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic, and Cambridge Advanced English (CAE).
- Health Requirements: Students may be asked to take a medical or a radiological check up to show they are in good health. If asked so, you need to visit a doctor who has been approved by the Australian immigration department.
- Character Requirements: this requirement includes a criminal record check. If there is a situation you may need to acquire a penal clearance certificate or a police statement, and many be asked to complete a Character Statutory Declaration Form.