During high school term students starts questioning about the importance of college education. The answer to this can be simply quoted by saying, “Attending College provides opportunities for graduates which are not as widespread to those who have not received a higher education.”
Why College Education is Important in Life
Below are the listed reason on how necessary is a college education –
- Unemployment: Statistics- The unemployment rate for college graduates was about 60 percent lower in 2011 than for those who had not finished high school and almost 50 percent lower than for high school graduates.
The unemployment rate is higher in less educated people.
- Unskilled Labor: There are billions of people in the world who lack a college education but are willing to work. Many are willing to work hard for shockingly little, but do it in order to feed their families. The world has a surplus of unskilled labor.
- Shortage of engineers: Globally, schools are ramping up to educate engineers as the demand for this type of skill set is especially high.
- Specialization in a field: If you have a four-year degree in political science or psychology against someone lacking a college degree, the odds are in your favor. Irrespective of the field, a college degree can set you apart from the people who lack a degree.
- Much of what you learn in college you can learn elsewhere, but ask yourself this: how many people, who didn’t go to college, have learned as much about their field as someone who did? You will distinguish that very less people learn as much outside of college as they would in it.
Benefits of a College Education in Life
If you are still not convinced why it is important to go to college, with the above statements, I would like to conclude that the significant amount of opportunity available for college graduates. The global economy is becoming increasingly more competitive, and in order to give yourself the best chance for a well-paying job, you must first understand the importance of college education.
Importance of College Education in Life
Attending college education provides students with the experience and knowledge which they are unable to receive from a secondary education, and finding a way to fund a higher education now can pay off in a huge way in the coming future.